I posted some pictures of my quiet book awhile back, but I've been adding new pages and I'm so excited about the way it's turning out. It's been a really fun project. I've been working on it very slowly for about six months now. Anyway, I've got the cover all done and I've added about 5 new pages. Here are some photos of the entire book-
|
13 comments:
WOW! I'm impressed!
You rock. I like the braiding page especially.
Very impressive indeed. I should probably start my book now so that I have it done by the time Sage would use it. Can I borrow some of your ideas?
Oh course you can, Emily! By the way- your little Sage is such a precious, beautiful baby. Can't wait to meet her.
So cute Sara! I love the boy AND girl with the dress up page. I also love your blue vinyl cover. VERY cool.
I started a quiet book blog (because I get so many "quiet book" hits from google on it and thought I would share how to make it). I haven't posted much on there yet. But maybe I'll have to link on over to yours for additional ideas. (You can see the blog at www.quietbook.blogspot.com)
Way to carry on the Quiet book legacy!!!
super cute!
Sara, it looks great!!!
Wow! It looks absolutely fantastic!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Wha? How on earth? You mega talented woman! Your kids will cherish that forever. Seriously, I knew you were awesome...but you just keep getting awesomer.
I stumbled upon your blog when I was searching for ideas for a quiet book. I love yours! If you ever finished it completely, I would love to see what you did! I will probably be copying yours for my two boys. It's great!
Thank you so much for posting this. I am very excited to start making one for my son and appreciate all of the wonderful ideas!
This looks so good, I'm love the ark page and want to put one of those in my book. How did you sew in the zipper?
Kristina,
Sewing in the zipper was super easy-
Cut a slit in the ark shape that you have cut out, however long you want it to be, really. Trim your zipper to match the length of your slit, pus a few centimeters on each end, and just sew it in. You don't have to worry about folding down seams or anything with felt! I make sure and go over the zipper ends a number of times to make sure the zipper is in there very securely. Then, just sew around the outline of the ark when you sew it on your page. And it's done!
Post a Comment